This is actually the first time that I rode an airplane and I was kind of ecstatic about it. It was in January when my partner and I decided to book a flight to Palawan via Air Asia and because of my hectic schedule at work, it was only this weekend when we were able to visit Palawan. Initially, we were suppose to visit Puerto Princesa and have a city tour however, we changed our minds after hearing a lot of positive reviews about going to El Nido (Thank goodness we went to El Nido because it's all worth it!). Personally, if you will visit Palawan, I highly suggest going to El Nido instead of Puerto because city life is boring.
In this post, I will be sharing some of my snaps during my trip in Palawan. I will also be sharing some of the things that I have learned as a beginner when it comes to traveling.
![]() |
| Airplane window mandatory photo/ view from our hotel's balcony / cool island / coconut tree from our hotel in El Nido |
![]() |
| This is the only decent photo that I have got during our Island Hopping. I think this was the one I have captured while we're heading to small lagoon. |
![]() |
| Our quick visit to Puerto Princesa Baywalk. It is like Manila Bay but 100x cleaner. |
![]() |
| Yours truly enjoying El Nido's clear and cold water. |
![]() |
| Tour A's third destination where we had our picnic lunch. I enjoyed this so much! (at Shimizu Beach) |
![]() |
| My partner and I decided to travel more often then collect fridge magnets from places we visit. He is thinking of visiting Batanes next. |
Here's a breakdown of my Palawan adventure.
HOTEL (DESSERT ROSE & AUDISSIE PENSION HOUSE)
During our trip in El Nido, we stayed at Dessert Rose Hotel. They have a small yet comfortable place. We did not expect that much since El Nido is a rural area but all in all, I am giving them 8/10 rating.
We stayed at Audissie Pension House during our stay in Puerto Princesa. Actually, we expected a lot because it is located in the city but to be honest, our stay in Puerto Princesa was a huge MESS! We did not enjoy it and the whole place was very uncomfortable. Audissie Pension House is also haunted; we stayed in ROOM 7 and the it was full of negativity. My mood changed from 10 to 1 in an instant to the point where me and my partner almost fought for no reason. I am a moody person but our experience in this pension house was just very weird!
CITY TOUR OR PROVINCIAL?
I highly suggest you visit the province! El Nido is a 5 hour drive from the airport but everything is worth it! We were very happy that we changed our plan the last minute.
WHAT ABOUT PALAWAN FOOD?
Since we are not professional backpackers, we are not really familiar with places in El Nido (like where to go to, where to eat). Restaurants in El Nido are just the same here in BGC. There were Italian, Mediterranean, French, American etc. But we were looking for some local dishes especially However, we were not able to find a place that offers native Palawan dishes. So sad.
We had our dinner at Art Cafe since our tricycle driver recommended the place to us. We had Tuna with Mango Bits on Top, Seafood Paella and brought home their Seafood Pizza that we did not like.
AIR ASIA REVIEW
We had an hour flight delay from Manila to Palawan and the same thing happened yesterday on our way back to Manila. I am not sure if this happens all the time but it is very inconvenient. Food is okay considering that they only offer packed lunches. Giving Air Asia 7 out of 10. If you'll ask me if I will still have their service, answer would be yes. They offer one of the cheapest air fair so why not?
OVERALL PALAWAN EXPERIENCE
I really enjoyed my stay in Palawan. 4D3N will never be enough for us to explore Palawan's beauty. I just wish that we stayed in El Nido the whole trip because that's where I felt peace that I really need. If you want to get away with your problems in the city, then go to El Nido. Long and bumpy ride are not a problem because of all the things waiting for you.
Are we going back again? Hell yes! But after our next trip, maybe after Batanes? If you have some questions, feel free to email me at lazadaboyph@gmail.com.








Post a Comment